Saturday 24 January 2015

Online 'course' from Notre Dame University




This might be of interest from the Catholic political philosopher Patrick Deneen:

...I thought it would be an interesting exercise to invite readers to “take” the course along with my students at Notre Dame. I will post the syllabus here today, and beginning next week I’ll post compressed summaries of my three hours of weekly lectures on the material. I’ll also occasionally post some of the more interesting responses of my students (anonymously, of course), to give you a sense of how the “millennial” generation at the nation’s leading Catholic university thinks about and responds to these topics.

Over the course of the semester, we will be reading about and discussing six varieties of political belief: three liberal, and three conservative. They are:

LIBERAL                                    CONSERVATIVE

1. Classical Liberalism             4. Natural Rights Conservatism

2. Progressive Liberalism       5. Traditional Conservatism

3. Libertarianism                      6. Radical Catholicism


More details can be found here 

No comments:

Post a Comment